Web development is the building and maintenance of websites; it’s the work that happens behind the scenes to make a website look great, work fast and perform well with a seamless user experience.
Web developers, or ‘devs’, do this by using a variety of coding languages. The languages they use depends on the types of tasks they are preforming and the platforms on which they are working.
Web development skills are in high demand worldwide and well paid too – making development a great career option. It is one of the easiest accessible higher paid fields as you do not need a traditional university degree to become qualified.
- Duration: 3 Months
- Not MICTSETA (Its an in-house certification)
- Credits: no credits aligned
- Area: Kempton Park
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a first language.
- Communicate effectively in a second language.
- Use mathematical skills effectively in a workplace.
- Explain the functioning of the internet.
- Identify Web development tools and features.
- Define XML in terms of the history, language and components.
- Use the XML meta-language to develop websites.
- Apply XHTML authoring techniques in a workplace.
- Use Java programming tools and features to develop websites.
- Setting up a Web Server
- HTML: BASICS
- HTML Tables
- HTML Forms
- HTML5 iFrames
- Style Sheets
- Website Design
- Basic Issues in Web Security
- Interactive Images
- Web-Application Development