The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Support, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Support at Higher Education Levels.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Accredited by: MICTSETA
- Credits: 163
- Area: Kempton Park
- SAQA ID: 78964
1. Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Technology Principles.
5. Select and use materials and equipment safely for technological purposes.
6. Work effectively as a team member within a support team.
7. Carry out, under supervision, a small size task to demonstrate knowledge of techniques & skills needed in one or more of the following areas of majoring/specialisation :
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Office Products
- Data Communications and Network Support
- Communication 1st Language
- Hardware Volume 1
- Hardware Volume 2
- Communication 2nd Language
- Web Application
- Database Concepts Volume 1
- Help Desk Technology
- Advance Programming Concepts