The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Development, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Development at Higher Education Levels.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Accredited by: MICTSETA
- Credits: 165
- Area: Kempton Park
- SAQA ID: 78965
- Personal Development Network Architecture and Standards.
- Enterprise Systems Management.
- Designing a LAN for Departmental Office.
- Client Server Networking.
- Assembling, Repairing and Maintaining a Server.
- Monitor, Maintain and Test Systems.
- Install, Administer and Commission a LAN.
Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Technology Principles.
Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Programming Principles.
Work effectively as a team member within a development project environment.
Carry out, under supervision, a small size task to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques & skills needed to understand the fundamentals of Computer Programming.